Halio understands that delivering an unmatched user experience requires intelligent interaction with other smart building systems and devices. Halio’s flexible cloud-based architecture was designed with partner integrations in mind. The Works with Halio program provides multiple options for secure integrations between Halio and today’s leading Building Management/Automation Systems (BMS/BAS), smart home platforms, room controllers, or even individual Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
The Works with Halio program provides three options for integrations:
- Niagara Framework®-based BMS/BAS Integration: This option provides a Halio software driver which allows Halio features to be exposed to BMS/BAS controllers running Niagara Framework.
- Halio BMS/BAS Gateway Integration: This option includes a Halio gateway running Niagara Framework with Halio driver software; this solution bridges communication from Halio to the proprietary BMS/BAS system.
- Halio Cloud API Integrations: This option provides direct interactions with the Halio Cloud; this is useful for Halio cloud-to-3rd party device cloud or Halio cloud-to 3rd party device applications.
The Halio API is the most common method and offers subscription-based access to data shared by Halio devices. Halio also provides a developer program that enables qualified partners to jointly create integrations for compelling new user experiences. For easy and secure interaction, we use OAuth2.0 to receive permission from the end-user to gather information from Halio devices.
The Halio Developer program is simple. First, submit your request for access to the Works with Halio Developer Program.
- Halio will send you a “Works with Halio” Developers Agreement.
- Once the developers’ license is signed by both parties, Halio will release technical information and a temporary authentication key.
- The partner can use this information to LEARN about the Halio system and its capabilities.
- Halio requests that the partners SCOPE the use cases and requirements for the interoperability. Halio requests to approve application scope and direction.
- The partner DESIGNs the application with Halio connectivity.
- Halio performs TEST on the partner software product.
- Halio performs the final test results and overall application.
- The partner receives a PRODUCTION LICENSE from Halio. Once signed, the partner receives production authorization keys.
- The partner launches the application and helps to train Kinestral resources.
For more information, please review the Works with Halio Program Overview.
Please submit your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org