Last Updated: April 5, 2019
The App provides cloud-based control to tint or clear tinted windows in Halio-enabled office buildings. It allows building managers to grant access to its tenants and end users to use the App in their designated space in the building. After downloading and registering with the App, end users will be able to control window tinting and clearing tinted windows in their office or work space based on permissions communicated to us by building managers.
1. Personal Information We Collect. “Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We may collect certain information directly from you when you register with the App. We may also collect certain information that you or your building manager provides to us. Before you install the App, you or your building manager provides us with your email address and the list of building windows that may be accessed via that email address. We use this information for authentication purposes.
We collect this information for registered users of our Services. If you register for an account on the App, we collect your name, username, email address, and password.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties when you login to the App using third-party sign-on services (e.g., Google, Microsoft Office 365). If you choose to use those services to login, we may use those services to authenticate your identity, and to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, email, and other information indicated when you authenticate your login information. For example, if you create or login to an App using your Google account credentials, we will have access to certain information, such as your name and email address as authorized by you in your Google profile settings.
2. Automatic Data Collection; Technologies Used to Automatically Collect Information. Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we, as well as our service providers, may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Services are accessed and used. We refer to this information as “traffic data.” Traffic data may include browser type, device type used to access the Services (i.e., computer or mobile device), unique number assigned to identify such device, operating system, application version, click path taken through the Services, your use of features or applications on the Services, and other usage information. This information helps us manage, improve and customize the Services. Traffic data is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
3. How We Use Information We Collect. We collect and use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to respond to your questions or requests, to provide the Services and the services that you request, to communicate with you about our Services, and to do all things necessary to administer the Services, and manage, protect and improve them.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation of our business. We reserve the right to disclose any personal information as needed if that information is requested by law enforcement agencies or if we are required to do so by law, treaty, regulation, subpoena, court order, or by a government entity. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to conduct investigations of possible breaches of law, to cooperate in any legal investigation, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating any agreement with us.
5. Do-Not-Track Requests; Third-Party Tracking. Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and information about your online activities (such as traffic data as described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track”, please visit http://allaboutdnt.org. Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior to and after visiting the Services. Please note, however, that we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third-party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
7. Data Retention. We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for purposes for which it was collected. The precise period will depend on the reason why it was collected. Those periods are also based on the requirements of applicable laws, applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and periods relating to the commencement of legal actions. Typically, we will keep your information for the period of time that you are a registered user of our Services and until your building manager communicates to us that you no longer require an account.
8. Your Choices. If you need to correct, update, delete or deactivate your personal information, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com . Please note that we may not be able to correct or update your personal information previously provided to us by third parties. You can also choose to delete your account. To delete your account, you will need to communicate with your building manager your request, and the building manager will let us know.
If and when we offer you the option to opt-in to push notifications, you will have a choice as to whether to opt-in when you first download and launch the App or at a later stage. If you opt-in and later decide that you do not want to receive push notifications from us, you may opt-out of receiving these by using the settings on your mobile device.
10. Children. The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
12. Your California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, what types of personal information, if any, the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. We do not currently share any personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such parties. If you have any questions, comments or requests related to this Section, please contact us using the information in Section 14 (“Contact Us”) below. A number of states are currently considering enacting laws similar to the California law above. If you are a resident of a state that enacts such a law, please use the contact information above to contact us with any questions, requests, or comments.