Kinestral is seeking a Supply Chain Planner/Buyer professional, which is a key role within our growing Supply Chain management organization. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance short term priorities and exceptional information analysis skills in a start-up environment are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the Global supply chain. Reports to the Vice President, Operations.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute procurement of raw materials from global suppliers
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with manufacturing and key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- Proactively report product and material availability issues
- Coordinate inventory planning and replenishment of raw materials and components in conjunction with our program management teams
- Analyze and manage MRP, Source list, Material master/parameters;
- Revise essential system planning data to ensure our Macola system is effectively planning future requirements.
- Inventory Management: Support reporting, inventory parameters, reduction and reserve percentage measurements, Product Life Cycle management
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information in the ERP system.
- Supplier Management: RFQ, Cost saving initiatives, Negotiations, Supplier relationship/evaluation
- Project management: new product launch
- Provide support to the Sales and Marketing team, Product Management with business and product strategy.
- Participate and contribute to monthly inventory reduction, program management & metrics related to the S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
Minimum Requirements: Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Operations, Supply Chain or minimum 5 years relevant and experience
- Minimum of 5 years Supply Chain (planning & procurement) experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP system experience preferred
- APICS CPIM/CSCP, CPSM certification completed or in progress, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel