The Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer will report to the Hardware Engineering Manager and have the responsibility for developing and managing test systems. Working with team members and CMs while designing, building, supporting, and deploying testing solutions across the range of Kinestral products.
- Design complete manufacturing test fixtures to be used at CMs to validate product on the production line
- Collaborate with product design team to design and implement appropriate fixture tests for each new product design
- Deploy completed test fixtures to local and international partners
- Create and update test documentation for test systems
- Analyze and improve current test implementations to improve product reliability and reduce test times and cost
- Provide fixture support to CMs remotely and in person
- Collaborate with product design team to ensure adherence to DFT best practices
- Develop test fixtures and supporting code from Kinestral product PRD’s
- Supporting existing test fixtures both local and overseas
Needed Skills and Experience:
- Experience with software development, including NI Labview
- Capability to design mechanical test fixtures using CAD software
- Minimum Four year, BSEE, BSME, BSCS or equivalent engineering degree.
- 5+ years of manufacturing test implementation for high-volume consumer electronic products
- Willingness to travel when necessary
- Knowledge of basic hardware design
- Knowledge of RF radio design and testing implementation
- Capability to design complete manufacturing test fixtures for hand off to CM
- Experience working with contract manufacturers and ODMs
- Work style must reflect an understanding of and commitment to proper Planning and strict accountability, with the ability to provide the metrics that guide and measure our progress toward successful achievement of our goals.
- Ability to analyze and communicate technology requirements and challenges as well as product capabilities.
- Good interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills.