- We are seeking a very talented Process Engineer to join our Device Development / Test group
- Primary owner of optical metrology tools. Responsible for tool setup, maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, writing and updating standard operating procedures, and daily test runs.
- Develop and maintain an optical model of the coating stack.
- Perform testing, root cause analysis for failures, and corrective and preventative actions.
- Responsible for data processing, analysis, and reporting data to the process team.
- Work with the process team to improve materials by developing new test methods and/or new test tools.
- Occasional travel to the manufacturing facility in Taiwan may be required.
Skills and Experience:
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Physics, Materials Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with thin-film characterization.
- Experience in modeling thin film semi-transparent stack.
- Experience with electrical and optical characterization techniques used for thin-film materials and devices.
- Application of design of experiments (DOE) methodology.
- Knowledge of optical modeling software such as TFCalc and Python mm
- Knowledge of statistical methods and experience with statistical software such as JMP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability, effectiveness, and growth in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High standards in ethics, safety, work ethic, teamwork, and execution.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in scaling processes from R&D to full-scale manufacturing
- Experience with databases (SQL)
- Experience with data analysis and image processing tools and methods (e.g. Matlab, Python).