The Corporate Controller reports directly to the CFO and will be responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of Kinestral Technologies’ accounting operations, including the monthly close cycle, financial reporting, internal control, and policy development.
- Manage the month-end close process and related accounting staff for two industrial manufacturing plants (Foreign and US) and a corporate office.
- Establish, implement, and monitor appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other statutory requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Participate and lead the quarterly review and annual year-end audit process with the external auditors.
- Manage the various U.S. statutory tax requirements, such as income, real and personal property, franchise, value-added taxes, and sales and use taxes.
- Prepare work papers to lead outside tax provider with the annual and quarterly tax provisions in accordance with the annual tax provision, quarterly tax reporting, and annual compliance tax filings.
- Assist with various internal and external reporting requirements including debt compliance matters (incremental to SEC Reporting requirements).
- Consolidate foreign operations and report on operational variances to forecast.
- Develop and manage direct reports.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 10+ years related experience (with at least 5 years public company experience and 3 years public accounting experience)
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin preferred
- Experience and strong knowledge of:
- GAAP accounting
- International consolidations
- Foreign currency transactions
- Revenue recognition
- Complex debt transactions
- Technical research
- Inventory cost accounting
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks timely and efficiently
- Hold valid passport and travel up to 10% to international locations
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible, strategic team player with infallible integrity and ethical standards
- Proven track record in adding value to companies and executive staff