Kinestral Technologies is in the transformation business. We’re transforming glass into responsive, intelligent, beautiful architectural elements that transition from clear to tinted to dark automatically or on command. We’re transforming lives by giving people unprecedented comfort and control of their indoor environments and more connection with the outside world while creating inspiring spaces for living and working. And we’re transforming the job market by creating some amazing career opportunities. Would you like to help create a clearly superior future?
Kinestral Technologies is looking for a talented individual to join the team as a Senior Product Manager. This product leader will own and drive all product roadmap decisions for façade-related components of Kinestral’s Halio smart-tinting glass systems. This is a key leadership role in our Product Management organization that will own the vision, positioning, and roadmap of a complete product line, in a truly unique startup environment.
The Senior Product Manager, Façade systems must be a talented storyteller who can articulate product specifications and features into clear benefits for all types of customers, can understand what is most valuable to the marketplace, is familiar with and comfortable serving as the Product Owner in various development environments, and can work well in a fast-paced and rapidly changing organization.
- Drive the overall glass and façade hardware product vision and execution by collaborating closely with the rest of the Product organization, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Support, and Executive teams.
- Interface with internal teams as the glass and façade product expert. Communicate roadmaps, resolve issues, drive alignment, and lead through the market and technical credibility.
- Work with a world-class Marketing team to develop core positioning, messaging, competitive analysis, and work with cross-functional teams to translate these into strategies and materials that can be used by the Sales, Marketing and Executive teams.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales on product launches to develop and deliver compelling go-to-market strategies and sales stories that drive internal and external support and advocacy for the product line.
- Develop global rollout plans for all relevant glass and façade products.
- Be the owner of the overall Façade Product Roadmap, driving product strategy and roadmap, taking into account global customer needs, schedule limitations, resource constraints, product scalability, market impact, and competitor insights.
- Prepare clear and concise product requirements documentation with prioritized features and corresponding business rationale that has been developed through coordination with key stakeholders.
- Analyze performance and identify opportunities for growth on existing products.
- Drive and manage the ideation and evaluation of new product ideas using quantitative data primary market research, and customer feedback.
- Analyze and assess competitive product offerings and synthesize primary/secondary market research as well as customer feedback into future product requirements.
- Provide product information to meet a variety of internal needs, including product positioning, messaging, sales collateral, press releases, and internal training.
- Manage internal and 3rd party partner relationships, as needed.
- Must be extremely self-motivated and be able to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Degree in an engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of product management or related experience, ideally with experience with façade products for the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of glass technologies, installation/construction practices, façade engineering, or IGU fabrication a strong plus.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Fluency in presentation and spreadsheet programs.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convert product features into a clear and compelling product vision, roadmap, and a track record of execution.
- Product management experience with hardware + software + services products
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, to learn new business and technical skills quickly, and to adapt to changing environments
- Uncompromising attention to detail, extremely organized, great at solving problems, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and changing business priorities.
- Highly customer focused with the ability to identify and articulate customer needs and product requirements.
- Experience with the small appliance or consumer electronic industries highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively probe/negotiate with technical counterparts on highly complex product issues.
- Experience launching products for international markets highly desired.
- Preferred: Salt Lake City, Utah but Hayward, California is also an acceptable alternative
- Frequent travel to and from Salt Lake City/San Francisco Bay Areas
- 10 – 20% travel required. International travel required.