We are seeking a process engineer to join our back-end process development team responsible for developing next-generation electrochromic products and development effort to mitigate/troubleshoot any technical challenges in our manufacturing line
- Lead development, process optimization, technology transfer, and equipment/process validation activities related to device lamination, sealing, busbar and external electrical connection processes.
- Selecting, testing and qualifying new materials used in back end processes.
- Perform project management functions to effectively drive results, manage project schedules, and communicate project status, experimental plans and results
- Work in conjunction with hardware engineers/vendors to specify equipment design requirements and iteratively improve hardware based on process results.
- Design and analyze experiments connecting changes in back end process/materials and device reliability.
- Process development and optimization experience.
- Perform testing, root cause analysis for failures, and corrective and preventative actions.
Skills and Experience:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Chemistry
- 5+ years of proven work experience as process engineering
- Knowledge of applied statistics and experience with statistical software such as JMP
- Application of design of experiments (DOE) methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Background in automation, robotics, analytical equipment is a plus
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects at once of varying scope and complexity
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience scaling processes from R&D to full-scale manufacturing
- Experience in electrochromic, photovoltaic, battery or flat panel industries
- Experience in soldering and/or busbar technology
- Ability to use standard office application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and creatively solve problems
- Must be able to travel (~25% Travel)