Kinestral seeks a talented, hands-on Failure Analysis Engineer to help make the world’s most responsive smart-tinting glass. The Failure Analysis Engineer will lead the establishment of Kinestral’s corporate Failure Analysis Lab. This position will conduct root cause analyses on installed product as well as from internal testing and development. The FA Engineer will be a critical member of QITs and FMEA teams.
- Develop destructive and non-destructive analytical techniques for characterizing failures and identifying root cause in Kinestrals electrochromic devices and IGU product.
Provide direction to process and product teams to ensure industry leading quality and reliability through root cause analysis and an comprehensive understanding of product failure modes.
- Work with Service Centers and Field Application Engineers during on site troubleshooting. Compile a library of knowledge through Application Notes and internal technical reports.
- Be on the ground floor to define, plan, and build Kinestral’s corporate failure analysis lab. Specify equipment, workflows, and performance tracking systems.
- Utilize 3rd party labs for analytical techniques not available in house.
- BS, MS in Engineering or Physical Sciences.
- Min 10 years work experience in a failure analysis function, preferably in solar panel or semiconductor electronics.
- Multidisciplinary skills required. Candidate shall have experience with interconnects, electrochemistry, environmental testing, or optical characterization techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- JMP, Tableau, and SQL proficiency a plus.