About the Role
Kinestral Technologies and its Corporate Controller are looking for a strategic partner to continue pushing the company’s accounting team towards excellence. The Assistant Controller role will be a leader within the accounting and finance team of a pre-IPO company. The role has exposure to dynamic executives that have built an industry-leading company and brand in a market segment ready to grow and change the things we do today.
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of Big 4 and private industry (manufacturing and/or technology) experience and will have managed, mentored, and developed staff members.
- Lead the month-end close process, including reconciliations for more complex areas such as revenue and inventory. Facilitate close improvements with the goal of continuous improvement and speed to report.
- Manage and ensure accuracy over accounting for revenue under ASC 606
- Drive process and systems enhancements for integrating internally developed and third-party automation systems and tools with Microsoft Dynamics D365
- Oversee audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Ensure compliance with international tax compliance requirements
- Manage and mentor accounting staff for optimal performance and career growth
- Assist in preparation technical accounting memos as transactions arise, and incorporate new accounting pronouncements into operational processes
- Develop and execute a roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the accounting function and prepare for implementation of Sarbanes Oxley
- Manage treasury function including day to day banking, cash planning, investment reporting
- Provide leadership and oversight for process improvements in procure to pay, record to report and order to cash optimizing existing and implementing new SaaS tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification
- 10+ years of related experience with a combination of Big 4
- Public Accounting and industry Revenue recognition experience and oversight
- Excellent ability to identify and navigate technical accounting areas such as debt, equity, stock-based compensation, ASC 842 lease accounting, ASC 606 revenue recognition
- The transition from private to public (IPO) and SOX implementation experience strongly preferred
- Manufacturing and cost accounting knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated competence in process improvement and system optimization
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience managing a staff of full-time employees and contractors, experience managing an outsourced
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience with multi-country consolidation involving forex, joint ventures, and transfer pricing is a plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a massive impact & influence outcomes for our business and customers alongside passionate coworkers
- The ability to make, own and carry out decisions
- Competitive salary, equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision insurance)