Kinestral Technologies is seeking a motivated Analytical Chemist to help make the world’s most responsive smart-tinting glass. The primary responsibility of the position will be to support our analytical chemistry efforts as a critical member of our quality control and quality assurance team. This position will be located in Hayward, CA.
- Develop and perform materials and formulation characterization
- Use and maintain analytical instrumentation (e.g. rheometer, TGA, UV-vis, GC, NMR, etc.)
- Create analytical test methodologies to support efficient QA/QC of reagents, intermediates and formulations including analytical test methodologies for new materials and new material specifications
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for analytical instruments and test methodologies
- Perform data analysis of known and unknown samples to support Quality Program
- Develop and support necessary GR&R analysis to ensure reproducible measurements for all instrumentation
- Maintain the chemistry laboratory and analytical chemistry work space in a neat and organized state
- Maintain an up-to-date and complete laboratory notebook
- BS/MS in Chemistry or Chemistry-related discipline (e.g. Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, etc.) with 5 or more years experience
- Knowledge of scientific principles and laboratory skills typically gained through work experience in an industrial setting.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- High standards in ethics and a commitment to laboratory safety is expected.
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Broad experience with analysis of materials (polymers, molecular and solid precursors, coating formulations, etc.) for commercial products.
- General understanding of Quality Control best practices as relates to analytical testing and data quality
Experienced candidates: please submit your resume by email to email@example.com. Only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster