Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Supply Chain, this position will organize, plan, implement, and control a global Supplier Quality Management (SQM) system which will achieve world class supplier performance and reduce the overall Cost of Quality. This incumbent will work closely with Corporate and Product Quality Teams, as well as Operations, to ensure implementation of robust supplier quality systems which fully support Kinestral strategic requirements.
- Develop and deploy long term strategies and systems to achieve world class Supplier Quality Performance across Interior Systems.
- Be responsible for driving quality for assigned suppliers, measuring and improving supplier quality performance via supplier Quality Improvement Plan implementation
- Development and implementation of processes self-assessments and audits at supplier facilities. Assisting when required to analyze supplier capability and to work within the supply base on improvements in their manufacturing operation
- Implementation of key supplier measurements through Supplier Balanced Scorecard. Owner of Supplier Corrective Action Process (SCAR).
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with supply chain leaders to manage and implement supplier / engineering changes, New Product Introductions (NPI), and transfers. Assist with the sourcing activities in all locations
- Managing current and future supplier quality resources, both direct employees and third party individuals
- Conduct supplier quality assessments and give periodic supplier quality performance feedback.
- Establish cross-functional relationships and partnerships through your product and process knowledge
- Able to exercise leadership and influence across multiple divisions and regions.
- Ensures suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Traveling to supplier sites as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; and 10 (ten) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge required
- Proficiency in JMP or other statistical analysis software
- 10 + year experience in manufacturing, quality/reliability engineering, quality assurance, quality systems, customer satisfaction and/or continuous improvement. Aerospace experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in developing Supplier Quality Management Process. This includes Supplier Scorecard, Supplier Qualification Program, Supplier Process Improvement, Supplier Corrective Action Process (SCAR), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control Plans and Process/Product Capability Analysis.
- At least five recent years must have been spent in a high-level Supplier Quality Leadership role. Proven track record in leading significant strategic initiatives in Supplier Quality across multiple sites and/or divisions.
- 5+ years of experience leading, mentoring, and building teams
- Strong background in developing and monitoring quality performance metrics – and using such data to implement significant improvements
- Understanding of mechanical concepts for interaction with engineers and customers, both internally and externally
- A deep knowledge of APQP, PPAP, MSA, QA, PFMEA
- Quality Tools (8Ds, MSA, SPC, PPAP etc)
- Experience with the following specifications:
- ASTM C 1036 – Specification for Flat Glass
- ASTM C 1048 – Specification for Heat-Treated Flat Glass – Kind HS, Kind FT Coated and Uncoated Glass
- ASTM C 1172 – Specification for Laminated Architectural Flat Glass
- ASTM C 1376 – Specification for Pyrolytic and Vacuum Deposition Coatings on Flat Glass
- ASTM E 2190 – Specification for Insulating Glass Unit Performance and Evaluation
- ASTM E 2953 – Standard Specification for Evaluating Accelerated Aging
- Performance of Electrochromic Devices in Sealed Insulating Glass Units
- ASTM E 2141 – Standard Test Method for Accelerated Aging of Electrochromic Devices in Sealed Insulating Glass Units
- ANSI Z97.1 – Safety Glass
- Project/program management experience
- Prefer at least two of the following certifications: ISO Lead Auditor Certification, ASQ Certification, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification, and/or ISO Internal Auditor Certification.
- Office location for this position is negotiable
- Frequent travel to and from suppliers in various US and international locations (Up to 30 – 40% travel may be required)