Kinestral Technologies is seeking an exceptional Senior Mechanical Engineer to design or specify, prototype, test, and document automation and metrology equipment in the production of our innovative energy-efficient building products. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced, start-up environment with a top-notch team of scientists and engineers. This full-time position will be located in Hayward, CA.
- Lead the engineering efforts to design, specify, and document automation and metrology equipment upgrades to newly constructed Kinestral production facility in Taiwan and pilot production line located in Hayward, CA:
- Typical systems include automated handling of large, thin sheets of glass through various stages of the Kinestral product manufacturing process.
- Metrology system design or specification for SPC of the production process.
- Test fixtures and assemblies for product validation testing
- Mechanical design and analysis using SolidWorks CAD software
- Create bills of materials and manufacturing documentation using Arena PLM software
- Create and maintain all forms of engineering documentation
- Assist with assembly, testing, and debugging of prototype and production systems
- Interface with Taiwan manufacturing organization to specify and/or design new equipment on the production line.
- Manage projects through all stages from specification to validation
- Occasional international travel to support Kinestral factory and vendor qualifications.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in the design and development of automated capital equipment including:
- Robotic and/or conveyor systems
- Servo, pneumatic, fluid, thermal, and data acquisition systems
- Electronics cabinet design
- Cable and interconnect design
- Machine safety
- 5+ years of experience using SolidWorks and 2D CAD (e.g.; AutoCAD) for product and system design and layout
- 3+ years of experience using a PLM system (Arena, Agile, or similar) using formal document control procedures
- Excellent documentation skills, including mechanical drawings, BOMs, Test Plans, Test Reports, and Schematics
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Project leadership and/or experience directing third-party design efforts
- Experience with design for cleanroom environments
- Experience with the automated handling of glass