Kinestral Technologies is in the transformation business. We’re transforming glass into responsive, intelligent, beautiful architectural elements that transition from clear to tinted to dark on command. We’re transforming lives by giving people unprecedented comfort and control of their indoor environments and more connection with the outside world, while creating inspiring spaces for living and working. And we’re transforming the job market by creating some amazing career opportunities. Would you like to help create a clearly superior future?
Our Global Supply Chain team collaborates with our suppliers to ensure we strategically source the electronics, materials and services at the optimal price, quality and time to support our business. Kinestral Technologies is looking for a talented individual to join the team as a Senior Manager of Supply Chain for Strategic Materials, in charge of driving all aspects of the supply base for electronics materials. The position requires a deep understanding of electronic components and electronics contract manufacturing, cost drivers, handling, shipping and packaging solutions.
This is a very exciting and influential role within the Global Supply Chain Team, that will own the vision, positioning and roadmap of a complete materials supplier strategy, in a truly unique startup environment.
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
Leads cross-functional teams for materials spend categories, resulting in supply chain decisions delivering the highest quality, reliability, and value to meet Kinestral requirements. Develop strong business relationships and strategic alliances supporting Kinestral’s growth plan.
- Establishes and gains approval for operational objectives and work plans which support overall corporate goals.
- Works collaboratively on issues of broad scope and complexity where analysis of situation is highly complicated and requires evaluation of intangibles. by limited data to support decisions or unique circumstances for which methods are not established.
- Acts within established guidelines to determine appropriate action. Many issues require creation of new approaches with lack of precedent.
- Ability to effectively manage diverse categories of spend.
- Develops and administers project plan schedules and performance requirements for highly complex and visible categories.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives will add costs and may jeopardize the near-term goals of the organization. or overall business activities.
- Demand fulfillment – develop and manage the supply plan to support new product prototypes, pre-production ramp, and high volume production
- MRP/ERP system setup and management for new and existing products
- Supplier management – includes selection, audit, qualification, reviews/scorecards, management
- Materials/product management – including BOM definition, AVL list, purchases, WIP, inventory, cost, lead-time, storage, aging, reporting, etc.
- NPI process support – work cross-functionally to ensure preparedness for new product introduction, qualification, production release and ramp-up
- Lead and develop the team – includes hiring, training, evaluating, leading, and setting standards/procedures
- Proactively anticipate and communicate critical/strategic materials issues with action plans to management and other affected personnel
- Encourage and manage effective/cooperative interdepartmental working relationships
- Influence supplier manufacturing processes and product development activities to ensure synergy with Electrochromic window product strategies.
- Determines most effective methods, develops and executes supporting programs and projects to achieve goals.
- Selects, evaluates, and develops category plan objectives in areas of technology, quality, cost, flexibility, and service.
- Executes projects consistent with achieving overall supply management organizational goals.
- Implement sourcing decisions based on team consensus to weighted scorecard and senior executive guidance.
- Implement inventory optimization programs to optimize inventory turns, inventory investment and service level performance.
- Effectively communicate with appropriate management levels both internally and externally.
- Lead cross functional team and manage supply chain to goals for quality, technology, cost, flexibility and service.
- Demonstrate project management skills in leading cross functional teams.
- Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental issues.
- Assess, define and resolve highly complex supply chain and procurement issues.
- Apply root cause analysis and derive corrective actions, and assess adequacy of the analyses and plans proposed by suppliers managed.
- Apply appropriate competitive cost benchmarks, financial analysis and risk management techniques to solve issues.
- Able to influence internal customers and executive to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Project Management:
- Understands and demonstrates advanced project management skills.
- Possesses demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple large, complex projects at the same time, and to close projects on time.
- Effectively manages relationships and peer deliverables to successful project completion.
- Highly effective communicator, including oral, written and presentation preparation
- Proactively manage supplier base ensuring supply with no adverse impact on factory ramp plans.
- Interacts primarily with senior managers, directors and senior executives within Kinestral.
- Interaction requires the ability to influence or change the thinking of others, frequently associates with higher position, to achieve organizational goals in sensitive situations without damaging to relationships.
- Acts as team leader of cross-functional group for ad-hoc or standing projects of high complexity and visibility.
- Routine interaction with VPs or “C” level executives of suppliers managed.
- Builds deep industry relationships and is widely recognized as a category subject matter expertise internally and externally.
- Develop and implement a global sourcing with specific negotiation strategies to achieve cost, supply assurance and risk mitigation objectives.
- Lead commercial negotiations with managed supply partners.
- Utilize formal benchmarking methods to determine best in class processes and drive improvement.
- Develop and implement cost-reduction programs through the use of Cost- of-Ownership (COO) analysis, cost build-up analysis and supplier competition.
- Measure and track supply performance within spend category.
- Performs market and cost analysis.
- Issues RFIs/RFQs/RFPs.
- Develops and executes negotiation plan.
- Conducts negotiation within approved negotiation parameters and authority.
- Documents commercial terms and drafts contract agreements and amendments.
- Ensures suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Traveling to supplier sites as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; and 10 (ten) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of operational purchasing processes & concepts.
- ISM and APICS Certification preferred.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.