Kinestral seeks a talented hands on Sr. Chemical Production Engineer to help make the world’s most responsive smart-tinting glass. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will help create and lead our commercial chemical production activities through the design and operation of chemical processes and equipment. Secondary projects to grow the organization will supplement your core work.
- Act as hands on lead engineer in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Design, develop, implement and validate production methods optimized for safety, quality, cost and material performance working within industrial best practices
- Be responsible for the collection, analysis, and presentation of data to ensure robust, quality operational processes through statistical process control
- Sustain and evolve processes for which you have primary responsibility
- Develop and maintain robust production planning to ensure reliable delivery of product
- Research, recommend, and qualify capital equipment
- Design and transfer of operations and processes from current production scale to future chemical facilities
- Produce clear and detailed design documents
- ChE, or related field with 7+ (B.S.) or 5+ (M.S./Ph.D.) years experience
- Success in chemical manufacturing environment
- Success in chemical process design, development and integration of chemical processes into production including process development and sustaining operational excellence.
- Understanding of equipment wiring, mechanics, and instrument operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to complete tests and creatively resolve problems as part of a team as well as in an unattended manner
- High standards in ethics, safety, work ethic, team work, and execution
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Proficiency with statistical process control
- SQL database, SPC, JMP, Tableau are a plus