Kinestral seeks a talented, responsible, hands on Chemical Process Technician to help make the world’s most responsive smart-tinting glass. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will help produce materials as part of our commercial chemical production activities. This full time position will be located in Hayward, CA.
- Safe execution of activities in a chemical production environment
- Strictly following production standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Documenting accurately the information needed to create detailed batch records
- Maintaining the chemistry production facility in a neat and organized state
- Assembling equipment and transporting materials necessary to produce and store materials
- Education: Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a closely related discipline.
- Experience: Candidates with experience in a production environment will be strongly considered.
- Other: A commitment to laboratory safety is required.
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in a production environment producing solution phase organic and/or inorganic material (e.g. pharmaceuticals, polymeric materials, etc.)
- Experience with air free synthesis and handling of materials at production scale
- Understanding of equipment wiring, mechanics, and instrument operation, plumbing, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills