We are seeking an experienced (5-10 years), talented, Process Engineer to join our Front End Manufacturing and Development team responsible for developing next-generation electrochromic products. The engineer will be responsible for optical modeling and characterization, manufacturing, and process development. Specifically, they will lead development on the mechanical, material, and chemical interaction between multiple front end processes with specific emphasis on optics and laser ablation processes.
- Characterize laser process/coating interactions. Identify metrics for improving process and identify root cause for multiple optical phenomenon.
- Develop and maintain optical model of coating stack.
- Model and optimize switching characteristics and speed of our devices.
- Primary owner of two laser processing tools. Maintain SOPs, SPC, and training for the tools. Organize tool workflow, scheduling, and maintenance. Troubleshoot and arrange repair when necessary.
- Design and analyze experiments connecting changes in front end process/materials and device performance and reliability.
- Perform testing, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions.
- Prepare and lead process development projects.
- Understand and be able to backup tool owners for other tools in the Front End.
Skills and Experience:
- B.S., (advanced degree preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or related field.
- Laser or optics experience or expertise.
- Manufacturing experience as process engineer.
- 5-10 years experience as an Engineer or Scientist
- Experience in material characterization tools such as ellipsometry, SEM, microscopy, optical profilers, Raman, XRD, and or other metrology tools.
- Knowledge of applied statistics and experience with statistical software such as JMP, Tableau, and SQL.
- High programming competence in Python, Matlab or similar programming languages.
- Application of design of experiments (DOE) methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience scaling processes from R&D to full-scale manufacturing.
- Experience in electrochromic, photovoltaic, battery or flat panel industries.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and creatively solve problems.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability, effectiveness and growth in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.