We are seeking a process engineer to join our back-end process development team responsible for developing next-generation electrochromic products and development effort to mitigate/troubleshoot any technical challenges in our manufacturing line.
• Lead development, process optimization, technology transfer, and equipment/process validation activities related to device lamination, sealing, busbar, and external electrical connection processes.
• Selecting, testing and qualifying new materials used in back end processes.
• Perform project management functions to effectively drive results, manage project schedules, and communicate project status, experimental plans and results.
• Work in conjunction with hardware engineers to specify equipment design requirements and iteratively improve hardware based on process results.
• Design and analyze experiments connecting changes in back end process/materials and device reliability.
• Process development and optimization experience.
• Perform testing, root cause analysis for failures, and corrective and preventative actions.
Skills and Experience:
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Chemistry
• 5+ years of proven work experience as process engineering
• Knowledge of applied statistics and experience with statistical software such as JMP
• Application of design of experiments (DOE) methodology
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
• Background in automation, robotics, analytical equipment is a plus
• Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects at once of varying scope and complexity
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Experience scaling processes from R&D to full-scale manufacturing
• Experience in electrochromic, photovoltaic, battery or flat panel industries
• Ability to use standard office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and creatively solve problems
• Must be able to travel (~25% Travel)
Kinestral Technologies, Inc. is a well-funded early stage technology company developing novel materials, processes and products to enter the energy/building materials market with differentiated dynamic glass products that enable a step change reduction in building energy consumption at a price point that will drive broad market adoption. These building material products address fast-growing demand for energy efficiency while providing enhanced aesthetics, occupant comfort, and functionality.
Kinestral Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kinestral Technologies, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Experienced candidates: please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for consideration will be contacted.