KTI is recruiting for a Polymer/Material Engineer or Scientist to lead the development of formulations, and processes to produce functional polymer/composite bulk materials and films. The ideal candidate will have a MS or PhD in polymer science/materials engineering and 3+ years supporting the development of novel materials/processes with targeted performance and application.
This position will be in Hayward, CA.
- Design/develop polymer architectures delivering specific rheological and mechanical properties
- Analytical and mechanical property characterization of formulations, polymers, composites, and intermediates
- Formulation and coating process development and scale-up
- Data analysis and reporting
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Maintain laboratory and workspace in a neat and organized state
- Education: MS / PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Materials Engineering or related field with emphasis on polymer and composite systems
- Experience: 3 years or more preferred in an industrial setting
- In depth knowledge of the relation between polymer and structure.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge analytical instrumentation and polymer/materials characterization (e.g. mechanical/rheological/physical properties, and structure)
- Knowledge of scientific principles and laboratory skills typically gained through work experience in an industrial setting.
- A commitment to laboratory safety and quality
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Broad experience with analysis of materials (polymers, molecular and solid precursors, coating formulations, etc.) for commercial products.
- Knowledge of databases (SQL) and data analytics