Kinestral Technologies is in the transformation business. We’re transforming glass into responsive, intelligent, beautiful architectural elements that transition from clear to tinted to dark on command. We’re transforming lives by giving people unprecedented comfort and control of their indoor environments and more connection with the outside world, while creating inspiring spaces for living and working. And we’re transforming the job market by creating some amazing career opportunities. Would you like to help create a clearly superior future?
Our Global Supply Chain team collaborates with our suppliers and customers to ensure we get the right equipment and materials to the right location at a competitive cost. This position will report to the Senior Director, Global Supply Chain and be responsible for establishing and improving the logistics, distribution and order fulfillment processes globally.
Position Summary: Responsible for International Logistics and Supply Chain functions concerning the movement of products from factory locations to international ports of call. Drive innovation and improvements through targeted processes that offer improved speed, lower overall inventory and sustainable cost savings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Leads the development, implementation and execution of category strategy for a highly complex, high impact category.
- Engages and establishes critical, strategic partnerships with leadership in varied functions and across Kinestral to collaborate, influence, and drive logistics strategies.
- Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers and internal Business Partners to drive results and influence business decisions.
- Leads and participates in meetings with Senior-level Business Partners across Kinestral and varied functions.
- Manages complex logistics strategies, marketing partner relationships.
- Manages logistics projects: develops strategy, creates implementation plan and executes to drive change.
- Negotiate high impact, cost effective logistics agreements for Kinestral.
- Maintains deep understanding of key strategic logistics functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, HTS codes, international tariffs, etc.) as well as subject matter expertise in the international logistics, brokerage, consolidation and third-party warehousing categories.
- Act as transportation and logistics subject matter expert for implementation and operation of ERP platform.
- Ensures compliance with domestic and international dangerous goods shipping regulations. Liaison’s with domestic and international governmental agencies to ensure full compliance.
- Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices.
- Lead cross-function team to achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed.
- Act as a change agent to drive strategic logistics process, scale and leverage opportunities.
Business Acumen: Category expertise in the following categories: international logistics, brokerage, consolidation, international tariff and duty codes, dangerous goods shipment, fulfillment center operations, reverse logistics processes and third party warehousing.
Strategic Orientation: Experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across a portfolio of categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to a dynamic business environment.
Logistic Capability: Experience leading a team and/or complex, global project to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization.
Personal Leadership: Demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
Change Leadership: Experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
Experience: 10 years of documented professional experience in international logistics management, strategic sourcing, and/or supply chain management. Experience at a global logistics or freight forwarder a plus.
Education: BS in Logistics related field. APICS or other related certifications a plus. Advanced degree preferred.