At Halio we believe everyone has the right to experience light, because access to views and natural daylight help people to be healthier, companies to experience productivity boosts, and our buildings to be more energy-efficient and sustainable. In 2010, we set out to find the best and simplest way to control sunlight. Our goal was to give people the ability to let in the maximum amount of natural light into their work and living spaces, while mitigating glare and reducing solar heat gain.
We are now looking for Director of Business Development – Interior Spaces to help us get our Halio™ smart-tinting glass into the inside of commercial buildings. We have been developing a strategy to launch this segment for the last 18 months and have hired an industry expert consultant to help refine the plan. We now need someone to put this plan into action. This person will need be fast thinking and have enough experience in making deals to realize that the strategy will likely evolve and change as we enter the market.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Foster a culture of customer satisfaction based on operational excellence.
- Maintain adequate new business prospecting to ensure periodic milestones are reached and annual objectives are met
- Meet established revenue and profit goals
- Negotiating terms with channel partners that incentivize them to sell our product while maximizing our earning potential
- Develop relationships with new influential partners
- Hire and manage a small team to service channel partners
- Maintain constant awareness of customer needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve accordingly.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities
- Review project contracts and terms and conditions.
- Work closely with project management team for projects sold
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years in business development or similar experience
- Contract negotiation
- Channel Partner development
- Strong background in managing important customer relationships
- Strategic thinker who can learn a new segment quickly
- Ability to grasp and effectively communicate technical product concepts.
- Excellent customer service, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively.