Kinestral Technologies is seeking a Director, Accounting to oversee the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including A/R, A/P and inventory. This person will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP.
Ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives, targets are met and that only valid claims with proper management authorization are paid.
Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (including inventory related items).
Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
Ensures that ERP continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification.
- 5 – 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business.
- Prior management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.