The Associate Systems Administrator’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer and IT equipment. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading computer equipment while ensuring its performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for answering and triaging incoming Help Desk tickets
- Escalate issues to infrastructure and application teams and outside vendors when appropriate
- Maintain accurate and up to date request documentation, tracking and resolution within ticketing system
- Collaborate with IT management to review performance metrics
- Maintain and update workstation images
- Deploy and maintain workstations and laptops
- Assist users in use of AV equipment for presentations and video conferences
- Active Directory identity management including distribution lists and security groups
- Provide after-hours weekday and weekend phone coverage as needed
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC hardware, platform operating systems (MacOS, iOS, Android, MS Server 2016, MS Server 2012, MS Server 2008, Win 10, Win 7, Win XP) and MS Office suite applications.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls, Active Directory, MS SQL and Google Apps, VoIP
- Working experience of VMware virtualization technologies.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware, storage and associated network equipment.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Information Technologies and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Information Technologies would be a plus: CompTIA, Network+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, JNCIA, VCP6-DCV