Kinestral Technologies is seeking a motivated Analytical Technician to support a top-notch team of scientists and engineers in creating next generation dynamic glass. The primary responsibility of the associate will be to support our analytical chemistry work as a critical member of our quality control and quality assurance team. This position will be located in Hayward, CA.
- Develop and perform materials and formulation characterization
- Use and maintain analytical instrumentation (rheometer, TGA, UV-vis, GC, NMR, etc.), including method development for new materials
- Maintaining the chemistry laboratory in a neat and organized state.
- Maintaining an up-to-date and complete laboratory notebook.
- Data entry into QC/QA database.
Skills and Experience:
- Education: Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a closely related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: up to 5 years preferred; none required for an excellent candidate
- Knowledge of scientific principles and laboratory skills typically gained through work experience either in an industrial setting or during undergraduate research in an academic lab.
- A commitment to laboratory safety is expected.
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Broad experience with analysis of materials (polymers, coating formulations, etc.) for commercial products.