Kinestral is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee the several areas of the accounting department. You will play an integral role to the accounting and finance team and manage general accounting practices, assist with month-end close activities, develop internal controls and continuous process and system improvements. This role reports directly to the VP, Finance and may evolve into an Assistant Controller position.
General Responsibilities and duties:
- Lead and execute accounting operations such as payroll, GL, A/P, A/R, etc. in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for month-end close activities, including financial statements and reports, balance sheets and account reconciliation, foreign subsidiary package reviews.
- Review and oversee journal entry, reconciliation, consolidation and financial reporting processes in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee external audit process.
- Work closely with FP&A to continuously develop and refine process around expense forecasting
- Develop and manage accounting policies and procedures.
- Proactively engage with cross-functional teams and leaders to identify and resolve challenges and issues as they relate to the accounting function.
- Analyze and solve discrepancies in complex financial reports and records.
- Perform variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations.
- Drive continuous improvement with internal controls to facilitate accurate and timely reporting of Revenue and other KPI’s (such as billings, collections etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (CPA preferred)
- 8- 10+ years of accounting experience
- Strong GAAP knowledge, understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Experience with inventory costing and multiple-element revenue recognition
- Strong audit experience
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills are also required
- A go-getter with a positive can-do attitude, team player, and a roll-up-my-sleeves mentality