We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staffs, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. This role has awesome opportunity to grow into Accountant and become part of our fast-growing business.
- Assist in completing monthly close procedures.
- Analyze expenses and expense accruals to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and various accounts analysis.
- Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly internal reporting.
- Review and process daily invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prepare weekly check run.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Process Expense Reports for employees.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and assist with other projects as needed.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-faced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong work ethics, well organized and a self-starter.
- Ability to follow standard filing procedures.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.