Kinestral seeks a talented, hands-on Reliability Engineer to help make the world’s most responsive smart-tinting glass. The Reliability Engineer will ensure the functionality of Kinestral electrochromic device throughout its serviceable life in architectural applications. This position will support R&D and new product development as well as transfer test methodologies to production facilities.
- Conducts reliability tests on Kinestral smart-tinting window products based on industry standard and Kinestral proprietary test methods.
- Develop and execute electrochromic device and IGU sub-component level reliability testing.
- Primary owner of device test tools and environmental chambers. Responsible for tool setup, maintenance, and daily test runs.
- Responsible for data processing, analysis, and reporting.
- Manage 3rd party reliability and lifetime test services.
- Transfer test methodology to overseas production facilities.
- Develop Kinestral Reliability Standards.
- Reliability gatekeeper for next generation product, new component and process qualifications. Work with R&D and process engineers through FMEA process.
- Develop product lifetime models and accelerated lifetime tests.
- Track and report on key reliability metrics. Drive improvements through Quality Initiatives.
- BS, MS in Engineering or Physical Sciences.
- Min 5 years work experience in a reliability function, preferably in solar panel or semiconductor electronics.
- Some travel required.
- Chinese language skills a plus.
- Experience with electrical and optical characterization techniques used for thin film materials and devices.
- Familiarity with ASTM 2141, ASTM 2190, SGCC, and IGMA testing.
- Experience working with glass industry standards (ASTM C1036, C1048, C1376, etc.) a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- JMP, Tableau, and SQL proficiency.